Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ouch

The whole concept of genital mutilation doesn't make sense to me. I understand cultures have their own edicts such as arranged marriages and such but to physically circumsize a woman so she cannot feel pleasure doesn't make sense. Though I tend towards sexual egalitarianism, I realize the truth is that most men could never physically and emotionally carry a child just the same that men tend to be physically stronger. That being said, male dominated societies are a way of life for the majority of the world. It just baffles me that somehow, certain cultures took the piety above all else posturing for women to mean that women should never experience sexual pleasure.

Obviously for sheer procreation purposes it makes sense that a guy should nut faster and a women's orgasm takes longer. However, that should not be a carte blanche to eradicate their sensitivity in the name of chastity and honor. Hell, most of the dudes that support female mutilation probably never even work the clit as it is. Either way, I'm all for to each his own, but what about to each HER own.

Read about when a 13 year old girl died getting the procedure done.

No comments: