Wednesday, August 29, 2007

sometimes you gotta question your priorities. if only to keep the scales in balance. you learn from the past and try not to pre-fabricate the future. i look at older people and most of the time it makes me have slight trepidation to get there. though there are those inspiring exceptions that make me realize that there will never be a light switch that brings about adulthood. it's gradual and those that embrace what they have tend to not dread it as much. we're in this nebulous kid/adult realm where we should be learning enough not to be naive but wise enough to cherish our youth. it leads me to think about what I embrace that keeps me grounded. i put so much emphasis on people i sometimes wonder how I choose and value those that are let in beyond the pleasantries. Much like all of us, i have had the ground drop from below in places i never knew to be precarious. it makes me cautious to lay myself out with no precautionary measures. anyways, i'm procrastinating at work.